Information Technology (IT) Director
The Information Technology Director is responsible for thesecurity, implementation, management and maintenance of a highly reliableinformation technology infrastructure serving the Health System. The Director works collaboratively withothers across HMH to provide and implement technical solutions needed for safedelivery of patient care and for other work to occur in an effective andefficient manner.
- Associate Degree in Computer Science/Technology or related field. In lieu of degree, for each year of education required must have at least two years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing medium to large size technical infrastructure, data center, including enterprise applications.
- Cisco CCENT Certification is required within a year of hire.
- Obtain other certification(s) as may be required by HMH.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Windows Operating Systems workstation.
- Extensive knowledge supporting peripheral devices such as printers and scanners.
- Desktop applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Office.
- Networking protocols (Ethernet and TCP/IP) and networking equipment such as routers, switches, hubs, terminal servers, etc.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and troubleshooting skills.
- Windows Server Operating Systems and Microsoft Exchange.
- Must have an awareness of cyber security and understand the security landscape and threats that exist, as well as the tools needed to mitigate such threats.
- Must be customer service oriented and have excellent communication skills, including speaking, listening, reading, writing, and presenting.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or information technology related field of study.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience of effectively managing technical needs related to an enterprise electronic health record system.
- Experience reviewing and negotiating contracts.
- Experience managing Microsoft 365
- Cisco Certifications such as: Network Professional (CCNP), Internetwork Expert (CCIE), Networking Associate (CCNA).
- Certified Information Security Management (CISM).
- Project management certification.
- Other certifications related to telecommunications, VM Ware, SQL Server, Citrix or Microsoft and/or IBM technologies.
Manual and Physical Skill Required:
Long periods of sitting and working at the computer. Frequent movement throughout hospital and clinic for work within other departments. Lifting of computer equipment.
Physical Effort Required:
Strength: Medium Push: Occasionally Pull: Occasionally
Carry: Occasionally Lift: Occasionally Sit: Constantly
Stand: Occasionally Walk: Occasionally