Licensed Respiratory Therapist
Experience, Knowledge and Skill
Previous Experience Required:
- One year of hospital experience preferred.
- Knowledge of respiratory therapy services.
Specialized or Technical Education Required:
- Current Louisiana respiratory therapist license (CRT or RRT) or permission to practice required. RRT must have NBRC.
- Must have immediate access to license while on duty, actively registered with the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) required.
- Current BLS with preferred ACLS and PALS.
- Must adhere to the guidelines set forth by the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners and annual SWANK and/or hospital requirements.
Manual or Physical Skill Required:
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to speak and interact effectively with people.
- Must exhibit excellent professional and personal ethics.
- Must be able to maintain professionalism, good judgment, reasoning and communication skills while in stressful situations.
- Requires the highest degree of respiratory therapy service and communication abilities.
Physical Effort Required/Physical Demands:
- Requires the ability to assist in lifting and transferring patients.
- Must be able to move about to all hospital departments.
- Must be able to work at either sitting or standing at a computer to input patient information.
Strength: Light; Push: Frequently; Pull: Frequently
Carry: Occasionally; Lift: Occasionally; Sit: Frequently
Stand: Frequently; Walk: Frequently