COVID-19 Update for Hood Memorial Hospital
March 25, 2020
April 22, 2020
Hood Memorial Hospital
What if I'm experiencing symptoms of COVID-19?
If you are experiencing these symptoms – fever, cough or shortness of breath – contact your primary care provider for an evaluation.
The Louisiana Department of Health is partnering with the 211 hotline to answer questions related to the virus. It’s easy as 1-2-3 to get the most current information available for COVID-19.
· Simply dial 211.
· Text LACOVID to 898-211 or
· Visit www.LA211Help.org.
Visitor Information – Hood Memorial Hospital
In support of Governor John Bel Edwards’request to practice social distancing to contain the spread of COVID-19, Hood Memorial Hospital has implemented a no visitor policy effective Monday, March 23 at 4:30 p.m.
Compassionate exceptions may be made as follows:
· Comfort measures for end-of-life care will be directed by the patient’s nursing staff and limited to two immediate family members. If the patient in question is in isolation, then one immediate family member will be allowed as directed by the nursing staff. Swapping out of visitors will not be allowed in either situation.
· The Nursing staff will work with hospitalized patients to identify one family member to receive telephone updates about the patient two times daily.
· Drivers who accompany patients to clinic visits or outpatient testing will be required to wait in their vehicle and communicate with staff via cell phone.
Please contact Patient Activities Coordinator at (985) 748-9485 for any assistance with visitation restrictions. A virtual visit with a patient is an option for family members.
· Centers for Disease Control and Preventionat www.cdc.gov
· Louisiana Department of Health at www.ldh.la.gov
· Governor John Bel Edwards - Stay a Home Order
· Tangipahoa Parish Government at www.tangipahoa.org.