COVID-19 Updates for Amite Rural Health Clinic
March 25, 2020
April 22, 2020
Amite Rural Health Clinic
We ARE accepting walk-in patients with urgent needs.
Please call in advance, as we may be able to treat you virtually via telemedicine. You must call (985) 748-7141 before coming to the clinic.
Monday – Friday: 7 a.m.-7p.m.
Saturday: 8-11:30 a.m.
Information You Need
· Virtual telemedicine visits are available for primary care patients needing follow up appointments.
· Call if you need medication refills or need speak to your provider.
· For those who need to come in for an appointment: You will be screened outside before entering the clinic.
· For support people: Drivers who accompany patients to clinic visits will be required to wait in their vehicle and communicate with staff via cell phone.
· For parents/guardians of pediatric patients: Pediatric patients can have one parent accompany them into the clinic.
The Louisiana Department of Health has mandated that hospitals stop all medical/surgical procedures that are not necessary (in the judgement of the physician) through April 21, 2020. Our clinic is working with our providers to review schedules and notify the appropriate patients.
What if I'm experiencing symptoms of COVID-19?
If you are experiencing these symptoms – fever, cough or shortness of breath – contact your primary care provider for an evaluation.
The Louisiana Department of Health is partnering with the 211 hotline to answer questions related to the virus. It’s easy as 1-2-3 to get the most current information available for COVID-19.
· Simply dial 211.
· Text LACOVID to 898-211 or
· Visit www.LA211Help.org.
· Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at www.cdc.gov
· Louisiana Department of Health at www.ldh.la.gov
· Governor John Bel Edwards - Stay a Home Order
· Tangipahoa Parish Government at www.tangipahoa.org