Visitation Policy Adjusted in Response to Rising Volume of COVID-19 in our Community
July 27, 2021
September 1, 2021
Due to the continuing escalation in volume of #COVID-19 patients in our community and hospitals, Hood Memorial Hospital’s Visitation Policy has been updated and effective immediately.
- Visitation hours are 8 a.m. – 8 p.m; visitors are to enter through the front of the hospital Monday-Friday and through the Emergency Department on Saturday and Sunday
- One (1) visitor allowed per patient per day
- Visitors are not allowed to leave and come back on the same day
- Visitors are not allowed to switch out with another visitor
- Masking is required at all times
- COVID-19 positive patients may not have visitors except in cases of end-of-life; Medicine Unit staff will give twice-a-day phone updates to the patient’s designated family member if desired
- Emergency Department patients may have 1 visitor/support person accompany them. If the patient needs COVID-19 evaluation, however, the visitor/support person will be asked to leave and wait in his/her vehicle while patient testing is pending. Nurses will update the visitor/support person waiting in the car as to the patient’s status. If the patient has COVID-19, he or she will not be allowed to have a visitor/support person with them in the Emergency Room.